Friday, March 11, 2011

Lovely co-workers



Watercooler talk it happens at every office. You find yourself away from your desk with another co-worker, and you start gossiping about anything and everything. It is the worst when it's two females that do get together and I am no exception. Sometimes it's good to break up the monotony of doing the same thing hour after hour behind a desk.

An MiLB front office is also filled with people that are not from the area. I thought there would be a lot more local people when I moved and that I would be looked at differently for being so far away, but it turns out that I'm not even the person from the farthest away which was really surprising given how long it took me to drive to my new residence. It's also really nice though because it means that we don't have our college friends still living nearby for the most part. It also means that especially during the offseason we hang out with each other a lot, even when it's weekends and we can spend time apart. I believe that every weekend we've had so far there has been some sort of shindig going on where we have all gotten together for something not work related.

I imagine that the amount of time outside of work that we are spending together will lessen as we get sick of each other but for now it is nice having no friends out of work that I'm not just sitting at home all the time on weekends and can go out places with my co-workers.

Spring training has started, and opening day is right around the corner. I am so happy that it is baseball season again!

1 comment:

  1. Very true - it's the same in our office in Lansing, MI. Still, I'm a huge fan of having other friends who aren't co-workers. Over the course of the season, you really do need to get away from one another at various points. To that end, I'll meet up with different friends for lunch throughout the season or go out with different friends once the game's over. It's taken time to meet new friends in the area for me, since I'm also a transplant, but it's completely worth it. As much as it's great to get along well with co-workers, it's a very long season with long hours. You're going to need a break from their company every now and then.

    Enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete